â€œClam AV is an open source ant-virus engine for detecting trojans, viruses, malware & other malicious threats.â€
Malware Patrol provides signatures that are compatible with Clam AV software. You can follow these simple steps to configure your Clam AV instance and protect your internal network, computers and users from getting infected by malware.
1) Make sure your Clam AV instance is installed and working properly. There are a few resources on the internet that can help you configure Clam AV in your platform. If you are experiencing trouble installing and configuring Clam AV, start at the following URL: http://www.clamav.net/documents/installing-clamav. You should also be able to use distribution specific tools like apt-get and yum to install Clam AV software. For example: apt-get install clamav.
If you have Extremeshokâ€™s clamav-unofficial-sigs properly installed, skip to step 14.
2) Install curl. For example: apt-get install curl
3) Install rsync. For example: apt-get install rsync
4) Install unzip. For example: apt-get install unzip
5) cd /tmp
6) wget -O clamav-unofficial-sigs.zip â€˜https://github.com/extremeshok/clamav-unofficial-sigs/archive/master.zipâ€™
7) unzip /tmp/clamav-unofficial-sigs.zip
8) cp /tmp/clamav-unofficial-sigs-master/clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh /usr/local/bin
9) chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh
10) mkdir -p /etc/clamav-unofficial-sigs
11) cp /tmp/clamav-unofficial-sigs-master/config/master.conf /etc/clamav-unofficial-sigs/
12) cp /tmp/clamav-unofficial-sigs-master/config/user.conf /etc/clamav-unofficial-sigs/
13) cd /etc/clamav-unofficial-sigs/
14) edit /etc/clamav-unofficial-sigs/master.conf appropriately
Use 8 if you have a Free account or 15 if you are a Premium customer.
malwarepatrol_list=â€clamav_basicâ€ # clamav_basic or clamav_ext
Set to yes if you have a Free account or no if you are a Premium customer.
15) Clean unnecessary files: rm -rf /tmp/clamav-unofficial-sigs*
16) Execute the first update: /usr/local/bin/clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh
17) Configure a new cronjob to update ClamAV signatures every hour: MM * * * * /usr/local/bin/clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh
If you experience any difficulties configuring ClamAV software to use Malware Patrol block lists, please make sure it is working properly and contact our tech support at support (@) malwarepatrol.net.